This is another great summer classic. I made this for the perfect ending to a family dinner- we all ate it outside while enjoying the weather and this delish dessert!
Strawberry Shortcake Sandwich
1 &1/2 pounds fresh strawberries
5 tablespoons sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 &1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Cut strawberries and toss with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Refrigerate for an hour to let the juices settle.
- Meanwhile mix flour, remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and heavy cream
- Bake for 18-20 mins
- Cut in half horizontally
- Then cut into sandwich slices
- Arrange with layer of Cool Whip, layer of strawberries, another layer of Cool Whip and top it off with some powdered sugar