This is a breakfast indulgence that you can enjoy without the guilt! My roommate and I actually made this for dinner when we were in the mood for our favorite meal of the day…at the wrong time of day! Having breakfast for dinner can be fun and easy, especially this recipe. And with a few tweaks we can cut the calories in half!
Spicy Breakfast Burrito
(serving for two)
4 Eggs, scrambled
3 Spicy Italian chicken sausages
Reduced fat pepper jack cheese
1 Hot pepper, cut into strips
2 Whole wheat tortillas
Salt & Pepper
Hash browns, frozen
- Scramble eggs in a pan sprayed with light cooking spray
^Look we got a twin!
- Cook hash browns on high in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, about 12 minutes
- Cook sausages over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of water
- Melt pepper jack cheese on tortillas in either a toaster oven or a conventional oven set on broil, about 2 minutes
- Slice peppers into strips and slice sausages into slices
- Combine all ingredients onto tortilla, extra hash browns can be eaten as side dish
Substituting wheat tortillas instead of flour, chicken sausage instead of pork, reduced fat cheese instead of full fat and using less oil and no butter can really make all the difference when trying to cut back on the calories. You won’t even notice that this recipe was health conscious!