I’ve tried a lot of great food so far this fall. This post is to share some quick tidbits of some of the favorite new things I have tried.
1) Coconut Cupcake from Crumbs Bakery. We got these at work one day…I had to go with the coconut option. If you get a chance to try Crumbs I highly recommend it! They have the best frosting ever.
2) Homemade Mac ‘N Cheese- I made this for our September book club. We discussed our month’s pick “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy while enjoying this.
3) Custom Bloody Mary. My friend had a Bloody Mary bar with all the fixings at his house for his birthday. This was my creation:
4) Blacked Grouper Sandwich from Cabana in Nashville. This place had Southern cooking done right! Grouper is one of my all-time favorite fish.
5) This Fried Green Tomato Stack was also From Cabana. This had lemon pepper goat cheese, onion chow-chow and tabasco vinaigrette. YUM!
6) Serrano Ham and Manchego Cheese Sandwich. I picked up some artisan cheese, imported spanish ham and a baguette from a market near my work one day. I ate these little sandwiches for lunch for a week straight and they never got old.
7) Fried Alligator- Brought to you by the Vanderbilt Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity house. I visited my brothers when Vandy played Florida in football and they all tailgated by handing out Natty Ices and frying up some gator. Tasted just like chicken and I went in for seconds!
8) Buttermilk Buiscuts from Lynn’s Paradise Cafe in Louisville. MMMmmmMMM home cookin’.
9) Breakfast Croissant from the Austrian Bakery in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Don’t be daunted by the sloppyness of this sandwich, it is the best breakfast sandwich I have tried in the city! The croissant is what makes it so good and is hands down the best croissant I have ever had. This is a must try in Chicago. Also get the fresh squeezed OJ!
10) Grilled Scallops with Saffron Sauce from Cafe Ilberico. Great Tapas place in Chicago. Out of all the dishes we had that night (which was a lot) this was my favorite.